Re: The (long) future of paleontology

> Doesn't a License/master's thesis always have a deadline, they do in
> Belgium, and I find that rather logical, as they have to be finished
> within that year, since most people tend to leave university the year
> after the last year

I know there are deadlines in France, at least for Master's theses. In
Austria, however, there aren't any. If you take too long for studying
(Master's thesis included), you'll lose some subsidies, but apart from
that there's no limit on anything. Likewise "the last year" is not defined
except if you get subsidies (which is probably the case for most people,
such as myself).

University in France is organized like school; you do certain things in
certain years. This varies a lot elsewhere.

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl