Re: Sauropod necks (Re: DinoMorph Strikes Back!... or does it?)

Renato Santos wrote:

I'm not saying you've been using scientifically useless techniques;
they are quite useful indeed, the results are rather odd though.
(Before you say anything about scientific community inertia, let me
just state that "extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence" and
repeatability also. So in light of that motto I'm not too keen on
those stories about underdog scientists and calloused peers. Not that
this has to do with anything ;-) )

I wouldn't say that Kent's sauropod neck hypothesis is an extraordinary claim. It's no less parsimonious/falsifiable/verifiable than the contrary viewpoint.

Repeatability seems to be lacking on both sides for the moment.

--

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman

http://jconway.co.uk
[ Palaeo: http://palaeo.jconway.co.uk ]
[ Vector: http://nycto.jconway.co.uk ]