Re: Big bad duckbills

On 1/20/06, Cliff Green <dinonaut@emerytelcom.net> wrote:
Dear List,

   In the recent tome Dinosaurs and oher Mesozoic reptiles of
California, ( I highly recommend the book ) partial remains of a truly
humongous Lambeosaurus are mentioned. Some paleontologists suggest
that fossil elements at the site in Baja, Mexico, represent an
individual  over 50 feet in length, and twenty plus tons.
   Jim Kirkland gave a presentation here in Utah a few years ago on a
trip he made to Mongolia. He showed, among other things, slides of
undiscribed two meter long Parasaurolophus skulls. Also duckbilled
monsters.Most duckbills, seem to max out at the same size; 25 to
thirty feet long, and two to four tons.This also includes ancestrial
forms like Eolambia.
      So here is my question. What are the largest duckbills based in
the fossil record? I know that Shantungosaurus from China is about
fifty feet long, but how much of the skeleton is legit?

Duck, duck, duck,....goose! Cliff