Re: Dinosaurs continue to terrorize us

There is another moral to the story as well, the NY Times has learned to its
embarrassment. As in all research, you should check and disclose your sources
fully. See the editor's note at the end of the full story at
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/18/international/europe/18parrot.html

"The Times could not verify the former couple's accounts because the
information was given to the British press by a freelance journalist who
charged for the account. The Times does not pay for information. The Times
should have disclosed fully to readers why we relied on other news reports. Or,
perhaps it would have been prudent, given that condition, for The Times to have
resisted parroting the episode at all."

-- Jeff Hecht, stressing the importance of proper disclosure, something the
bird clearly understood better than the NY Times.