Re: The (long) future of paleontology

> Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:24:45 -0500
> From: "Andrew A. Farke" <andyfarke@hotmail.com>
>
> [...]
> Heck, we're only just starting to understand the growth and metabolic
> strategies of some animals.  Are those pneumatic foramina on skulls
> and vertebrae even pneumatic structures?

?!!

This is new to me.  Tell me, what are the other candidate
interpretations of, for example, the assumed-pneumatic formaina in
sauropod vertebrae?  I would very much appreciate and references you
have!

)_v__/\  "There is something fascinating about science.  One gets such
         wholesome returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment
         of fact" -- Mark Twain.