RE: Preparator Position at CM (personal note)

This is my favorite team of people, and the changing of our Dinosaur Hall is a rare experience, so this is a really cool opportunity. The position will be vacant only because I'm getting married and moving out of state.

Dinosaur Specimen Preparator, Carnegie Museum of Natural History

The Carnegie Museum of Natural History is seeking to hire a motivated individual to join its current team of technicians, preparators, and sculptors working on its multi-million dollar exhibition project "Dinosaurs in Their World". The successful candidate will have an inherent interest in dinosaurs and the scientific and artistic challenges that are posed by transforming original fossil material into freestanding, three-dimensional mounted skeletons. Two years of experience in any or all of the following activities is desired: fossil preparation, mold-making, and/or sculpting. Duties will include mechanical preparation of fossil specimens using a variety of techniques, molding and casting, restoration of broken or missing elements, and conservation of historical skeletal mounts. Good communication skills and the ability to work efficiently as part of an integrated team are required. This full-time position (37.5 hours/week) offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The starting date is negotiable, but a beginning date by April 2006 is desired. To apply, send a resume and a letter outlining your interest in the position and any relevant skills and experience to:

Dr. Chris Beard
Section of Vertebrate Paleontology
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
4400 Forbes Avenue