How Did Hadrosaurs Defend Their Young?

I'm not sure if this has been brought up already, but I was wondering, if hardrosaur young were altricial as Horner's theory suggests, how would the parents defend them? Imagine this, there is a nesting colony of maiasaura with thousands of helpless young. A pack of albertosaurs come out of a nearby forest, roaring and making threatening movements. The adult maiasaura panic into a stampede and run from the nesting ground. The albertosaurs now proceed to go nest to nest getting mouthfuls of maiasaura chicks.

Do you think Hadrosaurs mounted some kind of defense? Do you think they just ran away and came back later? Or do you think that the young were actually precocial and left the nest soon after hatching?

Sim Koning