Re: TV Show "Surface" - this post is only slightly off-topic

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:52:12 -0500, Allan Edels wrote
> Last night on NBC's "Surface", a genetic engineer (female) spoke to
> the female lead of the show.
>
> She (the engineer) described how she got her job - during the job
> interview, the company man asked if she'd heard of Dolly, the cloned
> sheep, then went on to say that they had cloned their own sheep back
> in the sixties (1960's), along with chimps and orangs.
>
> Then he said, "Of course, there's our _Archaeopteryx_ clone".
> Whereupon, the engineer sputtered and said, "But they're extinct".
>  The company guy pressed a button and section of wall opened to
> reveal a LIVE _Archaeopteryx_ behind a pane of glass.  It jumped
> around and made some noises, but it didn't look very convincing to me.
>
> I'll rerun the recording later to see if it looks any better tonight

Keep in mind this is the same series where they identified a tissue sample as
being related to Liopleurodon based on its DNA... as if anyone has any
Liopleurodon DNA to compare it to!

Dann Pigdon