To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:00 AM
Subject: "Cleaning up the Burke Museum"

Forwarded from PaleoNet.
-Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: argo@u.washington.edu
To: paleonet@nhm.ac.uk
Sent: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:36:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: paleonet Re: Cleaning up the Burke Museum

It is with sadness but relief that I can report that the University of Washington has finally dealt with the long rumored improprieties involving the Vertebrate Paleontology collection at the University of Washington. I first alerted the University of perceived problems in 1989, but better late than never, although the personal cost along the way was high. The website with the report on the collection and a news article can be found at:

http://www.seattleweekly.com/news/0604/burke.php

Professor Peter D Ward
Dept of Biology
The University of Washington