Re: "Cleaning up the Burke Museum"

If a prosecution is sought (not a given, BTW), it will make the second
high-profile case within the last couple years.  The first was of a
commercial collector (remember the _Falcarius  utahensis_ mining
operation in Utah?), and now this one, of a professional paleontologist
flagrantly ignoring the permitting process.

I also note that amateur collectors have not made the police blotter in
recent years.  This is not due to the laws, but rather to the
light-handed, ethical way in which most amateurs collect.

(yeah yeah, I'll take my little agenda back to vrtpaleo)

<pb>

--
"Am I crazy, Jerry?  Am I?  Or, I am SO sane that you just blew your
mind?!" - Kramer