FW: Sauropod Energetics (Peristaltic pump)

There is one other set of conditions whereby elephants will rear on
their hind legs that I forgot to mention: that is when certain trees are
fruiting. Some of these fruits are sweet and do ferment. At such times
elephants do rear up to reach fruits once the lower fruits are eaten.
These elephants also get incredibly drunk too.
Ken

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology/ Chief Preparator Department of
Earth Sciences Denver Museum of Nature & Science
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205

Phone: 303-370-6392
Fax: 303-331-6492