Re: FW: Sauropod Energetics (Peristaltic pump)

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:10:40 -0700, Ken.Carpenter wrote
> There is one other set of conditions whereby elephants will rear on
> their hind legs that I forgot to mention: that is when certain trees
> are fruiting. Some of these fruits are sweet and do ferment. At such
> times elephants do rear up to reach fruits once the lower fruits are
> eaten. These elephants also get incredibly drunk too. Ken

I thought the 'drunken elephants' myth had been 'busted' recently? I can only
imagine the amount of alcohol required to get something with the body mass of
an elephant drunk...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/12/1219_051219_drunk_elephant.htm

Dann Pigdon