RE: sauropod rearing

"I don't think elephants can walk on two legs, but I'm not entirely sure
because I cannot entirely recall what circus elephants are capable of."--
GSP

They definitely can although it's not a very normal behavior; I've seen it
several times. Supposedly it's a bit dangerous and one of the few cases
(another being during mating, especially in the hindlimbs of females being
mounted) that leg bone fractures and other injuries occur.  I'm not so sure
about all that -- some elephant experts say it's just myth. But at least
some elephants can walk bipedally, very slowly.

--John R. Hutchinson