Re: Sauropod Energetics (Peristaltic pump)

I would be careful equating neck length with total mass in sauropods. Small
Euhelopus had a quite long neck, medium sized Omeisaurus a very long neck, and
the very long necked mamenchisaurs very very long necks. We do not know
entirely know the neck length in the very biggest sauropods, but it was
probably not
exceptional. The super duper sauroppds were already so tall at the shoulders
that very long necks would have violated the 15 m maximum height due to
hydrostatic pressure issues.

G Paul