Nomenclatural question

(We had a discussion of the "Eu-" prefix a little while back. At the other end of taxon-nomenclature...)
A number of taxa with names like Blankomorpha and Blankiformes have been defined in recent years to cover extinct critters which, before the cladistic revolution, would have been called ancestral Blanks, but which have had the bad luck not to leave living descendents and so are "outside the crown group Blank." My sense is that when both suffixes have been used, Blankomorpha is the more inclusive. Is there actually an established convention governing this?
--
Allen Hazen
Philosophy Department