Re: T. rex's vision as SUPPORT for scavenging activitiy...

Jim Cunningham wrote:

Since the Quetz snout isn't shaped appropriately for penetrating carcasses, how did it do so?

With great difficulty? Or not at all, perhaps.

Dr Naish concludes that, based on the anatomical evidence, "azhdarchids were stork-like generalists, picking up assorted invertebrate and vertebrate prey from shallow water and/or terrestrial environments." I like his line of reasoning, although I doubt it's the last word on the topic. I hope his blog on azhdarchid ecomorphology, by reference to modern analogs, gets morphed into a paper.

Cheers

Tim