From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] On Behalf Of
Scott
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:20 AM
To: DINOSAUR@usc.edu
Subject: Trex as a good smeller

I've wondered if really good smellers might be able to smell
directionally--one possible explanation for the slits in the sides of dog
noses, e.g. Directional smelling, like 3-D vision, would make location of
dinners easier, whether carcasses or prey. It would seem possible to test
this via MRI. Does anyone know of work along these lines?
Scott Perry