Re: T rex walking speed WAS: Re: Addendum to Trex vision as support for scavenging...

> My gut feeling is that adult _T. rex's_ probably didn't "scavenge"
> in any
> classic sense (ala hyenas or vultures).  Rather, they probably
> "amputated" entire sections of carcasses.  Smaller theropods
> probably
> filled what we would today view as the commonly accepted "scavenger
> niche", where many skeletal parts are left behind to be fossilized
> and
> later studied by scientists.

The corollary to this hypothesis is that, to better understand what parts
of prey species adult _T. rex's_ *preferred* to eat, do a statistical
study of as many prey item skeletons in museum collections as is
possible, and identify what elements are preferentially *missing* from
the skeletons.

<pb>
--
"For depriving us, in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury.
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences.