Dinosaur diversity analysed

Vladimír  Socha writes:
 > Only 484 dinosaur genera in total? That should be around 580 to
 > this date...

There were 484 in my database at the time that I had to submit the
short-paper and the abstract for the talk.  By the time I actually
gave the talk, I was presenting on an enlarged database of 536 genera.

As for whether that's enough -- it depends entirely on what you
consider valid and what you do not.  Peter Dodson's database, I'm
pretty sure, is smaller than mine because he is stricter concerning
how much material must be preserved for a genus to count as valid.
Seems that you are more lax than I am.

)_v__/\  "You take two bodies and you twirl them into one, their hearts
         and their bones, and they won't come undone" -- Paul Simon,
         "Hearts and Bones"