Re: Trex as a good smeller

Sorry! I should have written turkey vultures (C. aura) in California (and I was using my personal obs. not the literature).

However, there is also the greater yellow-headed vulture Cathartes melambrotus of the Colombian rainforest.

Gomez, L. G., et al. 1994. The role of greater yellow-headed vultures Cathartes melambrotus as scavengers in neotropical forest.
Ibis 136, 193-196.

Cheers

Richard

Richard Cowen