RE: Fieldwork or bust? (Was: Stenopelix valdensis)

john hunt writes:
 > There is also the stuff that some of the big museums still have
 > jacketed up in their basements because they where digging it out of
 > the ground faster than it could be prepped.
 >
 > Is this still the case?

Yes.  I am working on a Tendaguru brachiosaur that the BMNH excavated
in Tanzania in 1930, and which is mostly still in its jackets.  When I
visited the Humboldt musuem in Berlin, I saw that they also have
absolutely masses of still-to-be-opened Tendaguru jackets.

)_v__/\  "There's a future for you in the fire-escape trade, come up to
         town!" -- Genesis, "I Know What I Like"