Re: EQ (was RE: Tyrannosaur age-population distributions)

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:31:43 +0200 K and T Dykes <ktdykes@arcor.de>
writes:
> Nevertheless, comparing E.Q.s of
> tyrannosaurids with chickens strikes me as...  I can't think of an
> appropriate term, so 'adventurous' will hopefully suffice.

Yes, but comparing the relative *intelligence* of tyrannosaurids and
chickens is equally adventurous (actually, impossible, I submit).
Unfortunately, E.Q., with all of its caveats and limitations, is the only
empirical method we have to say anything about the comparative
intelligence of chickens and tyrannosaurids.  And I agree that it is
practically worthless if used specifically for that purpose.  So, if you
can provide another criterion that would be better used as a gauge to
support or refute Graydon's claim that tyrannosaurs were smarter than
chickens, I'm all ears.

<pb>
--
"To an alien viewing Earth from orbit, it may not be obvious that there
is intelligent life on the planet, but it would be obvious that there are