Re: EQ (was RE: Tyrannosaur age-population distributions)

Phillip Bigelow wrote-

Unfortunately, E.Q., with all of its caveats and limitations, is the only
empirical method we have to say anything about the comparative
intelligence of chickens and tyrannosaurids.  And I agree that it is
practically worthless if used specifically for that purpose.

We could also compare the cerebral percentage of the endocast, which is MUCH higher in modern birds than in Tyrannosaurus (though the latter's is higher than in carnosaurs). I completely agree that tyrannosaurs were less intelligent than chickens. Btw, Bambiraptor now has the largest measured EQ of any non-avian dinosaur (beating Troodon), though it is a young individual.

Mickey Mortimer