Re: Dinosaur temperature paper

I wrote:

I wonder what happens in adults that have reached their final adult
size (and thus have a growth rate close to zero. Using the same logic
and the same equation that Gillooly et al. use to “calculate”
temperature during ontogeny, I calculate that the body temperature of
an adult Apatosaurus is close to zero [Kelvin].

Not quite.

T = 10 log [G (M exp -0.75)/g0]

If G is 0, we get T = 10 log 0 = 10 x 1 = 10. Right? Ten kelvin! WooHoo!!!

Wrong. Log 1 is 0 -- and log 0 is minus infinity. Thanks to Richard Cowen for mentioning this basic fact. Been a long time since math in school...