Re: EQ (was RE: Tyrannosaur age-population distributions)

Quoting David Marjanovic <david.marjanovic@gmx.at>:

Now, if we are considering the convolutions,
relative to cortex folding, then this is really nearly impossible
to tell in most fossil animals.

But it can probably be calculated quite safely. Today the folding is neatly proportional to absolute brain size...

Surely not? Wouldn't a mammal and lizard brain of the same absolute size have quite a different amount of cortical folding (favouring the mammal)?

I imagine a large lizard (like a Komodo monitor) and a small rodent could possibly have the same brain volume - I also imagine the monitor's brain would be far less convoluted.

Dann Pigdon