Re: EQ (was RE: Tyrannosaur age-population distributions)

Surely not? Wouldn't a mammal and lizard brain of the same absolute
size have quite a different amount of cortical folding (favouring the
mammal)?

Not that I knew anything, but I don't think so.

Basically, a brain is more or less a kind of epithelium -- two-dimensional plus a thickness that can't vary arbitrarily. It can only grow in volume by folding.