Re: Ain't No Mountain Low Enough [elephants don't like steep terrain]

Interesting about elephants. I have noticed also that most humans that try to follow me around on my walks avoid hills over 43 degrees. There are some however that are inclined to prefer greater slope.

The Cretaceous Hell Creek I collect was deposited on a fairly flat surface. Is/are there any formations that preserve dinosaurs/fossils in general that were obviously high angle environments on a large scale. I would think that most depositional environments in a mountainous situation short of certain alluvial fan deposits would not be conducive for preservation. I would think representative species from high altitude would be pretty uncommon because of this bias. What is in the record?

Frank Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming

47.57656% of all statistics are made up.