RE: Ain't No Mountain Low Enough [elephants don't like steep terrain]

Never said it couldn't be a BIG crevice... :-)

> Incidentally the highest (fossiliferous) Pleistocene fluvial deposit I am
> aware of is at 2300 meters.

That's pretty cool!

Unfortunately for working in deeper Deep Time, though, erosion plus isostatic
rebound will have likely eliminated most of the
Mesozoic equivalents of these over time.

Not to say we won't celebrate if such are ever found.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117
                College Park, MD  20742