From: "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@geol.umd.edu>
To: tommy.tyrberg@norrkoping.mail.telia.com; tholtz@umd.edu;
birdbooker@zipcon.net
Cc: dannj@alphalink.com.au; DML <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 5:30:24 PM
Subject: RE: Ain't No Mountain Low Enough [elephants don't like steep  terrain]

Never said it couldn't be a BIG crevice... :-)

> Incidentally the highest (fossiliferous) Pleistocene fluvial deposit I am
> aware of is at 2300 meters.

That's pretty cool!

Unfortunately for working in deeper Deep Time, though, erosion plus isostatic
rebound will have likely eliminated most of the
Mesozoic equivalents of these over time.

Not to say we won't celebrate if such are ever found.

        Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Department of Geology        Director, Earth, Life & Time Program
University of Maryland        College Park Scholars
    Mailing Address:
        Building 237, Room 1117
        College Park, MD  20742

http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite
Phone:    301-405-4084    Email:    tholtz@geol.umd.edu
Fax (Geol):  301-314-9661    Fax (CPS-ELT): 301-405-0796