Re: Rex's cousin

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:04:29 -0500 "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr."
<tholtz@geol.umd.edu> writes:
> > From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On
> Behalf Of
> > Tyler Kerr
> >
> > Does anyone have any more information on the tyrannosaur cousin
> from China, or is this old news...?
> >
> > I think I may be thinking of  Guanlong wucaii but I read an
> article from 2/12/06 recently that talked about Gregory M.
> > Erickson from FSU, who co-authored a paper about the tyrannosaur
> cousin, but it was never mentioned by name. Just wanted
> > to make sure there weren't any more new Rex's being discovered
> that I should be aware of.

> That's Guanlong; Erickson is one of the author's on that paper.

Tyler may be confused by the other recent tyrannosauroid discovery from
China, the protofeathered _Dilong_.
The problem with excavating Chinese tyrannosauroids is that after you
have discovered a new species, an hour later you hunger to dig up another
one.

<pb>