FW: Smallest Triceratops skull described in March JVP!

Mark Goodwin publishes his paper on the little _Triceratops_ skull in the
March issue of the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology.  Skull development of
available _Triceratops_ specimens does not support the sex-specific
agonistic behavior hypothesis for ceratopsian horns, suggesting instead
species recognition display function.  I haven't seen the article yet, but,
having seen Goodwin present a cast of the skull (which is on display in the
traveling exhibition, Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries"), I can
vouch that young "trikes" were "cute."

See http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060306-015413-8634r

And
http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060306/sc_space/babytriceratopsskullsuggestr