Osteological Question

I have a question about the processes bordering the temporal fenestra of a synapsid. I teaching myself osteology so I hope I can explain myself adequately.

The temporal fenestra is bordered by three bones; the postorbital, the jugal and the quadratojugal. Looking at the fenestra in lateral view the jugal looks like an upside down T (triradiate) the anterior process is the 'suborbital process', the posterior process is the 'subtemporal process' and the dorsal process is the 'postorbital ramus' (I assume 'ramus' because it helps separate the orbit from the temporal fenestra). The postorbital looks like a T and the quadratojugal a backwards facing c. My questions are:

Do any of the following have specific names

1) What is the ventral process of the postorbital, which together with the postorbital ramus of the jugal forms the postorbital bar, called?

2) What is the posterior process of the postobital, the process that sutures to the quadratojugal, called?

3) Do the dorsal or ventral processes of the quadratojugal have special names? I would guess that the ventral process would be called the 'subtemporal process of the quadratojugal' and together with the subtemporal process of the jugal form the 'subtemporal bar'.

While I am asking

What is an 'antorbital buttress'? It sounds like it is an reinforcing structure or expansion to the dorsal border of the orbit like you see in _Edaphosaurus_.

I have uploaded a picture, _Glaucosaurus megalops_ , to help illustrate the questions.

http://server5.pictiger.com/img/157537/picture-hosting/glaucosaurus-labeled.gif

Thanks for any help you can give.

Lättare att hitta drömresan med MSN Resor http://www.msn.se/resor/