RE: New Bird Fossils

I can't believe that I just said 'the general state ... in general'. I'm
sorry, it's getting too late in the evening...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu] On Behalf
Of Christopher Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, 7 March 2006 10:17 PM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: New Bird Fossils

I'm rather doubtful about the validity of the whole story, to be honest.
The general state of vertebrate fossils in New Zealand in general is
particularly fragmentary, and the chance of anything being preserved
well enough to retain integument would be somewhere between Buckley's
and none.
    I'm quite prepared to eat my words once the paper is published in a
respectable journal, but until then....

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor