RE: More on the baby Triceratops

Whoa! The evidence for Maisaura is weak. It was based on a lot of
assumptions as I addressed in Eggs, Nests and Baby Dinosaurs. It is weak
in the majority of dinosaurs. There has even be a question raised about
Psittacosaurus - namely, where is the skeleton associated with the adult
skull? Why don't other hatchling groups show an adult present (another
undescribed Psittacosaurus group; Protoceratops hatchling clutches
(several now), etc.)

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Chief Preparator
Department of Earth Sciences