RE: More on the baby Triceratops

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:01:22 -0700, Ken.Carpenter wrote
> It is easy to create all sorts of scenarios, including that babies rode
> on the backs of adults through muddy areas. But that is not science
> since it is untestable with extinct organism. All interpretations
> must be made of what IS there, not what might have been.

Indeed - so we're in complete agreement. Absence of evidence is not evidence
of absence.

Of course, any arguement based on extremely fragmentary evidence (and making
behavioural inferences from footprints alone falls into this category) is
always open to debate. Whether or not the debate can be settled one way or
the other is another question...

Dann Pigdon