Re: When carnivores kill other carnivores...

Guy Leahy (xrciseguy@sbcglobal.net) wrote:

<Off the top of my head, I can't think of too many dinosaur faunas which
include two big theropods of approximately equal size
(Albertosaurus/Daspletosaurus does come to mind.)  Are there any other
examples?>

  Morrison Formation (*Allosaurus*, *Saurophaganax*, *Ceratosaurus*,
*Torvosaurus*)
  Tendaguru Formation (allosauroid, ceratosaurid)
  Wessex Formation (*Neovenator*, *Baryonyx*)
  Baharija Formation (*Carcharodontosaurus*, *Spinosaurus*, *Bahariasaurus*)
  Shishugou Formation (*Sinraptor*, *Monolophosaurus*)

  I am not sure of the earlier Jurassic NA formations, with regards to some
splitting and localization of the members of the various formations and their
exact overlapping or lateral consistency.

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden
http://bitestuff.blogspot.com/