Re: sauropod breeding

So, We probably have a situation where juveniles could
survive without having to resort to adults carrying them
around, lifting them into trees, or little tiny fangs.

My questions are:
What would the intermediate young adult look like?
It couldn't hide, but could it's relatively small size allow
it to defend itself more easily (rearing on it's hind legs
and ramming)?

Would it eventually link up with other sauropods for
protection?
If so, would non-blood relatives be willing to take it in
(are new genes worth adopting non-relatives)?
Would this lead to different group compositions (ie.
non-affiliated males "rutting groups" as separate from
female herds?)

Would the need for relatives to pass through a local area to
pick up the juveniles of a few years ago effect migration
patterns and how would relatively regional populations
effect a predators ability to track that population (I am
thinking mara masai here).
Is this consistent with the highly mobile Carnosaur
juveniles?

Is there any way to test these possibilities?

-Jonas Weselake-George
Ottawa Paleontological Society