Re: Dinosaur urine?

Nonavian theropods would likely have had an excretory system similar to
birds.  Non-theropod dinosaurs, that's anyone's guess.

I was wondering about the geological stability of calcium oxalate and
uric acid.  T. rex suffered from gout (Rothschild et al. 1997. Nature
387:357).  That would suggest an abnormality existed in purine
metabolism, and the added possibility of uric acid kidney stones in T.
rex (birds get uric acid kidney stones.  I don't know whether calcium
oxalate stones also form in birds).

Have either calcium oxalate or uric acid been detected in coprolites?

<pb>