Re: lungfish tracks?

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 dannj@alphalink.com.au wrote:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:19:02 -0500, Ronald Orenstein wrote
At 04:06 PM 15/03/2006, Adrienne Mayor wrote:

Does anyone know of any reports of tracks made by living or extinct
lungfish?

To my knowledge living lungfish do not actually crawl about on land, and therefore leave no tracks. I have no idea what their predecessors might have done...

Yes - it's more of a squirm than a walk, which wouldn't leave any nice neat tracks (since the undulating body would obliterate what little impressions the fins made).

Well, that's still a track of sorts, yes? And indicative of a lungfish?