RE: free paleo PDFs (re: )

There is a choice. There is a free plugin for Adobe Acrobat that automatically OCR:s the bitmapped image and stores the text as an invisible layer behind the bitmap. There will be some errors, but the result is good enough to be searchable. For a very well implemented example see:

http://elibrary.unm.edu/sora/

(it incidentally also contains a large number of papers on avian palaeontology)

Tommy Tyrberg