Re: Fwd: Re: Did the K-T impact event seed Titan with life?

It isn't safe to generalize about bacteria. Almost everything we know about them comes from species that can be grown "in captivity". Recent analyses of "wild" bacterial DNA indicates that this is probably something like 1% of all species. It was only quite recently for example that it was realized that Archaea make up a large proportion of oceanic biomass.

Tommy Tyrberg