RE: Neck Defense

Oh of course a sauropod would use its tail if it had a
long tail, (there are even one or two that I know of
that have little clubs at the end), but the large
sauropod in question has a small tail in comparison
that does look like an effective whip, (I may not have
made this clear in my first remark), leaving stomping,
kicking, size and biting as defenses. None of which
seems as effective as a good neck swing or ten.

Of modern animals that use the tail as a whip there is
the african monitor lizard. Can fend off a lion with
it.