Re: Sharovipteryx - delta-winged glider?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Williams" <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Cc: <jrccea@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: Sharovipteryx - delta-winged glider?

Jim Cunningham wrote:

, and there doesn't seem to be any solid proof that it wasn't capable of flapping

Deja vu. I vaguely recall that _Microraptor_ was at the epicenter of a similar argument/discussion.

It's not a discussion or argument, its just a comment.... :-)

I believe the front half of _Sharovipteryx_ is too 'squished' (and not adequately exposed in the slab) for an accurate restoration of the pectoral girdle and forelimb.

They wouldn't really be relevant anyway. A close examination of the pelvic girdle would be.

So any flapping would be executed by the hindlimbs...?

Yes.