[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]

Re: Thagomizer

Maybe a better question would be, has "thagomizer" ever been officially
defined in a paper in professional journal?

Thag would have been proud, bless his stegosaur-bashed skull and
sauropod-flattened body.

BTW:  If a sauropod stepped on a small animal, and if the footprint was
preserved as a fossil, could the squashed animal be called a thagolith? 
If "thagolith" catches on, remember that I thought of it first!


On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:10:19 -0600 Tim Williams
<twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com> writes:
> Andrew Simpson wrote:
> >Thagomizer. Is this the actual accepted term for the
> >steg tail spike array or a word made up by Gary Larson
> >from the Far Side here used semi-facisiously(sp?) ?
> Both?