Re: MSNBC.com Article: Crows share tricks of the trade

Unlikely. Corvids are very intelligent birds with a remarkable ability to learn complex behavior, only parrots come close as far as I know.

On the other hand learning things like migration routes, traditional resting and feeding areas and so on from older birds (often parents) is fairly common among birds. However I am uncertain to what extent this behavior is primitive within neornithines. It is certainly widespread in Galloanseres.

Tommy Tyrberg