Re: Dawn of The Dinosaurs

I had Bob Sloan ( IU Press ) hold a copy for me, which I bought a couple of weeks ago at SVP. In addition to some art reprinted from the original "Dawn of the Dinosaurs", this latest title contains at least 4 dozen new images I don't recall seeing in print in previous books featuring Doug's work. If the only other book you have with Henderson illustrations is the original "Dawn of the Dinosaurs", this would make for a nice overview / visual inventory of his early Mesozoic artwork to date, neatly assembled in one volume. Although I haven't read it as yet ( except for snippets ), I'm sure the written content will be a nice complement to Doug's tremendous talent. . . and if that weren't enough, there are also a number of interesting specimen photos, etc. . . to further round out the book. A great investment for the price!

Cheers,

Mike S.

Dear List Members -

I was wondering if any of you have picked up the book Dawn of the
Dinosaurs: Life in the Triassic by Nicholas Frasier and is illustrated by Doug
Henderson. I have a book entitled Dawn of the Dinosaurs by Robert A. Long and
illustrated by Doug Henderson. Are the illustrations the same or is this a
totally new book and artwork.

Thank you for your input.

Scott