Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:47:42 +0100
From: David Hone <d.hone@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
Subject: Munich Pterosaur meeting
To: dinosaur@usc.edu

Flugsaurier * The Wellnhofer pterosaur meeting, Munich 2007.

We are now taking abstracts for a meeting to be held in Munich's
famous Bayerische Staatssammlung fur Paleontologie und Geologie
(Bavarian State Palaeontological Collection - BSPG) for September
10th-14th, 2007. The meeting will be focused on the pterosaurs and
their world to celebrate the works of Dr Peter Wellnhofer.

The foremost authority on pterosaurs for the last four decades, Dr
Wellnhofer spent much of his career in Munich as a curator at the
BSPG, so it is appropriate that the meeting celebrating his work will
be held in this world-class collection. It is rightly considered one
of the best pterosaur collections in the world and includes the
'Zittel wing', *Anurognathus*, and the 'Munich *Pterodactylus*', among
other fossil

treasures such as the Munich *Archaeopteryx*.

Many of the world's foremost pterosaur researchers have confirmed
their attendance and a full proceedings volume based upon this meeting
is planned for the journal Zitteliana. This International meeting will
consist of 2 days of talks (in English), a day of open discussions and
poster sessions, and a field trip to the world famous Jura Museum in
Eichstatt.

Short abstracts (of 1 side A4, single spaced 12 point text) can be
submitted to David Hone (by e-mail or post) with a closing date of
31st of May, 2007. Further details are available from David Hone at
the address below or at http://flugsaurier.blogspot.com/

Dr David W.E. Hone
Bayerische Staatssammlung fur Paleontologie und Geologie
Richard-Wagner-Strasse 10
D-80333 Munchen
Germany

Tel: +49 / (0)89 / 2180 6613