Re: plesiosaur lips

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 Danvarner@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 11/3/2006 4:11:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
christian@darkin.demon.co.uk writes:

<< Can anyone give me pointers about skin texture - and most  specifically
whether there's any evidence for or against lips?  The  fashion right now
seems to be to depict plesiosaurs and pliosaurs without  lips (I guess to
make them look fierce) - but that seems at odds with the  streamlining of
the rest of the body.

What does anyone think?  >>

Some of the plesiosaurs are so snaggle-toothed it's  difficult to imagine
them with extensive "lips". See:
_http://www.oceansofkansas.com/KS-Plesiosaurs/un50132.jpg_
(http://www.oceansofkansas.com/KS-Plesiosaurs/un50132.jpg)

Would not there be foramina on the jaw line?

[...]