when is a Lazarus Taxon not a Lazarus Taxon?

hi.

sorry, friends, but I found myself with another question...

Imagine that a gorgonopsid fossil is found from the mid-Jurassic strata. If that were all that were unusual {the rock layer}, then it would be Lazarus Taxon. Right?

But what if that Jurassic gorgonopsid was smaller than its Permian relatives, and adapted for climbing cycads (and the trees so common to dino programs *g*) ? Would that still be a Lazarus Taxon, as its still recognizably a gorgonopsid? Or is there another word for this Jurassic climber?

sorry for these odd questions. thank you for your time and assistance, my friends.

Use your PC to make calls at very low rates https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerredirect.aspx