RE: when is a Lazarus Taxon not a Lazarus Taxon?

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Roberto Takata
>
> Wow, is there any Jimmy Hoffa taxon?

Not yet. I guess those are the fossil species that are still buried but we
haven't found yet...

They are said to be pretty common near football stadia. :-)

(As an aside, FeDex Field, the Redskins stadium, is built on top of what were
once wonderfully productive Cretaceous marine
sediments, from which great ammonoids and nautiloids were recovered).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117
                College Park, MD  20742